What is included in the box:
1x LungPass Pro electronic stethoscope
1x Micro-USB cable for charging
1x Pouch for storage
1x Quick Start Guide
Getting to know your LungPass Pro
- LED light - shows the stethoscope status
- Control button - turns the stethoscope on & off, starts a recording
- Micro-USB port (covered by a protective flap) - for charging the stethoscope
- Silicone ring around the membrane
Understanding LungPass Pro LED status modes
searching for a connection with the app
connection with the app established; ready for
audio recording / transmission in progress
when charging: charging in progress
when searching for connection with the app: the battery is running low, 20% charge or less
when charging: fully charged
when updating firmware: firmware update in progress
when updating firmware:
firmware mode activated
Charging your LungPass Pro
Before using LungPass Pro for the first time, please
charge the stethoscope for at least 30 minutes:
- Connect the micro-USB cable provided to the stethoscope’s micro-USB port for charging.
- Connect the micro-USB cable provided to a USB power source (output: 5 V/0.1A min, not included in the
- The stethoscope will start charging automatically. Blinking yellow LED will turn on, indicating that the
device is charging.
- The LED light will change to glowing green once fully charged. Disconnect the stethoscope from the
Do not use the stethoscope or attempt to record lung sounds while charging
Recharge the battery periodically at least every six months when not in use. The battery slowly loses
charge when not in use. If the charge falls to an unacceptably low level the battery will be
Installing the LungPass Pro app
Search for LungPass Pro in the Google Play Store (for
Android) and Apple App Store (for iOS) on a smartphone.
You can use the following links to go LungPass Pro app
Follow the instructions to download the app and wait until it has finished installing.
Open the app and either create a new account or enter your existing credentials to log in.
Creating a new account
Launch the app and follow the onscreen directions to create an account. You will be asked to provide your
email address and set up a password.
Completing a 5 min interactive guide
To ensure correct usage of LungPass Pro with your
patients, please complete the in-app interactive guide first:
- You will see it in the app after creating an account.
- It includes short videos on how to best operate the device and produce high-quality lung sound
- You will record your own lung sounds as part of the process
- You can access the guide later through Settings.
Connecting the stethoscope
To use LungPass Pro you need to connect the stethoscope to
the LungPass Pro app. Do not try it manually through the Bluetooth settings.
Instead, follow these steps:
- In the app, start a lung exam by tapping on a respective button on the Main screen.
- You will be taken to a "Connect the device" screen.
- Press and hold the Control button on the stethoscope for 3 seconds.
- The stethoscope will search for the app (blinking blue LED) and connect automatically (glowing blue
- You will be taken to the lung sound recording screen.
To turn off your LungPass Pro:
- Press and hold the Control button on the stethoscope for 4 seconds until the LED is off; or
- Exit the lung exam screen. The stethoscope will go into search mode for 30 seconds (blinking blue LED)
and then turn off automatically.
When establishing a connection for the first time, you will be asked to grant specific permissions to the app
(e.g. storage access required to save audio recordings) and turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone (in case it
is turned off). These are mandatory for the proper functioning of the product.
In most cases, the stethoscope should be turned on directly while you are on the "Connect the device"
screen. However, you can turn it on independently of the app if you want to check the battery level.
See Understanding LungPass Pro LED status modes.
Cleaning your LungPass Pro
Use sodium hypochlorite solution (0.05-0.65%) to clean any
part of the system which touches a patient. Use a disposable lint-free wipes or cloth.
A firmware makes the hardware device operational. In case
a new version of LungPass Pro firmware becomes available, the app will prompt you to update the firmware on
- Firmware update available screen will appear once you attempt to connect the stethoscope.
- To start the update, press and hold the Control button on the stethoscope until the LED turns pink.
- When the update process starts, the LED will change to glowing green.
Once the firmware update is completed, you can continue using your LungPass Pro.